The Android TV box, commonly known as the Android Set-top box, is a popular and effective device for home streaming. However, the majority of people are unaware of how to get the most out of their television set. You have options beyond viewing TV and videos. I’ve compiled a list of 5 handy Android Set-top Box tips and techniques.
Perhaps typing the text on the remote to search for something is too inconvenient. Controlling your TV set-top box using your smartphone will be more handy for you. Then consider this advice. A remote control can be used with an Android phone or tablet.
How to connect your smartphone/tablet with your Android Set-top Box?
Firstly, connect your Android phone or tablet to the same network as your Android TV box. Then do the following:
- Download the Android TV remote control app from the Play Store to your mobile phone.
- Connect your Android TV box and your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Android TV remote control app you downloaded to your phone.
- Tap the name of your Android TV, then PIN will appear on your TV screen.
1. Use Aptoide TV to Install Apps
Aptoide TV is a Google Play Store and Amazon App Store alternative. It provides a fantastic alternative to being tethered to huge brand names, which frequently restrict or prohibit what can be installed.
This covers several popular APKs, as well as games and other entertainment. Aptoide is a terrific method to get away from Amazon and install whatever you want on nearly any Android device, including Fire TV Sticks.
2. Expand Your Storage For Android Set-top Box
Any type of File Allocation Table (FAT) external storage is supported by the Android TV box. External storage devices can be used to expand the memory of your Android TV box. To use this feature, connect an external storage device to your Android TV Box, such as a USB flash drive, external hard drive, or SD card. Then go to “Settings” > “Storage and Reset,” choose your external storage device, and then “Set as internal storage.” To wipe the contents of your external device and use its memory as internal storage in your device, click “Format.” Wait until the formatting is complete before proceeding. After that, you’ll have two choices: “Move Now” or “Move Later.”
To utilise the memory on your external device, you must move some data there. If you wish to enlarge your storage right now, choose “Move Now.” You can also choose “Move Later” to save it for later. Just remember not to unplug your external device.
Before choosing an Android TV storage device, make sure to verify the port on your set-top box. This is due to the fact that not all Android TV boxes have the requisite ports. If you’ve utilized the storage to store apps and games, don’t remove it and use it on another device. The files and saved games will no longer operate if you remove it.
3. Stop Overheating with USB Cooling Fan
Many Android TV boxes, especially when playing games, are prone to overheating. With a USB Cooling Fan, a quick and low-cost modification, there are several ways to keep a machine from overheating.
The fan simply plugs into the USB port on the unit and the box sits on top.
4. Mirror Your Phone/PC to Your TV by Using Miracast
Do you know that you can use your Android TV box to cast content from your phone to a computer? And how are you going to do it?
- To begin, make sure your Android TV set-top box or TV stick is connected to the same network as your mobile device.
- Then, on your Android TV box, go to Apps.
- Miracast should be found and selected.
- The name “waiting for connection” will be displayed on the TV box.
- On your Android smartphone, scroll down from the top of the screen and select Quick Connect.
- Select the name of your box from the list.
- Choose your box’s name from the drop-down menu.
- Connection is Successfull.
RRemember that not all Android TV boxes support Miracast. To enjoy comprehensive home entertainment, choose one that includes these many functions, such as the Superbox S3 Pro.
5. Edit MS Office Documents
While Android Set-top Box boxes excel at watching movies and playing games, they can also edit and work with Microsoft Office documents.
It’s completely free and only involves downloading an app from the Google Play Store.
There are various apps available, with Smart Office being one of the best.
To acquire it, search for Smart Office in the Play Store and install it.
You may view, edit, create, print, save as a PDF, and share MS Office documents with Smart Office.